Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So here we are, 2 days to go till what is quickly becoming a bucket list item. I'm trying to master the anxiety that is building up. I'm just nervous about running that far, will my legs be able to recuperate quickly enough to run, 8 hours after the first run, running at night, knowing where I'm going, will my team finish at a decent time and not in the dark when no one is at the finish line anymore, will my body collapse the day after and lay me flat for days, will my hip that has been twinging a little bit lock up or be just fine...blah, blah. Just little things like that. I know, it will be fine and when it comes down to it, if I need to walk a little, I will walk. No shame in that, but just the nerves are getting to me a little bit. So with that said, if all keeps on pace, as of right now, I should be running my first leg around 5pm on Friday, my 2nd leg around 4-5am Saturday and then my last one around 3-4pm Saturday afternoon. and then done!!! I've felt good through all this training, have found some good running routes and plan to keep up that running. But will take a little break next week:)

3 comments:

Jay-Dub said...

I know you will do great! Plus, what is a little hip twinge now and again?

Kristen said...

Yeah for bucket lists! No more worrying. You will do fabulous Lisa! Have fun, smile, and enjoy the run! And know that I will be awake and mentally cheering you on at 4am on Saturday.

Brigitte said...

Good luck Lisa! Take pictures if you are able to. :)