Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'll catch up, but first....Second Time around!

I will for sure post the rest of Nashville here soon...and the mud run experience... but just a few things have come up that have made life just a little more busy.

I love Relief Society, and apparently, I'm supposed to really love it I because I got that RS pres calling...again...in my new family ward this last Sunday. Really?! Again?! I've had a week to digest, contemplate, realize I don't know any sisters names in the ward (remember, I've only been there 9 months!), and that the first big challenge is that there are 6 women pregnant and they are all expected have their babies this summer..ok so meal sign up sheet will be going around! 2 other ladies just had their babies this last week as I was hearing about needs of the sisters. So, welcome to the calling:)

It should be good and as I was told, a time for me to grow and learn (no kidding:). Luckily, my choices for counselors and secretary said yes, and they are solid ladies who I know will help wherever they can, and who were told by the outgoing president, to make sure to help me out so that I can have a social life too:) So thoughtful of her (but a concern that was weighing on my mind!) So forward we go, hopefully upward and not downward...;)

2 comments:

Janelle said...

WOW Lisa. Congratulations.

Brad and Mo Petersen said...

I believe you are just on your journey to be the future RS president of the church. Move over Julie B Beck :) I think you probably hold some kind of record for holding the caliing not once but twice in your short life time. All kidding aside, you are amazing and obviously the Lord knows that. I can't imagine being a RS pres and you've had the opportunity/challenge twice now. WOW! You are my hero Lisa! Good luck to you on this new journey!