Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New Job

I started my new job this week!! Yippee! I am actually really excited about this job. I'm working for the Federal Court system, at the District Court here in San Diego. My title is Administrative Assistant (I know, not so glamorous) but, I'm the assistant to the Clerk of the Court and the Deputy Chiefs, who are the top guys that run the Federal Court here in SD. My hope is that when I finish my paralegal program (at the end of this summer quarter!!) I will be able to move into a more paralegal type job. For right now, this is a foot in the door and I'm really excited about it. It's going to be a pretty busy job, and I'll be around the whole office (which is an entire floor of the federal building), hopefully meeting a lot of the staff. I've been impressed so far with my bosses and think this move will be a good one. So there you have it folks, I'm a government worker now!

P.S. yes, you may have heard a couple months back that a pipe bomb went off in front of the SD federal building. yes that is the building I work in, but the view from my area is great, I can see Coronado from it!

1 comments:

Megan C. said...

How exciting! Enjoy your new job!