Monday, July 21, 2008

Finally an update...

So i LOVE my new job. Just wanted to let you all know that. The people are really nice, friendly, and I'm in a more professional setting that, I think, is more to my taste. I never really thought of a career while in school, it wasn't in the plan, but if I have to choose, this job is pretty good. One funny little moment though, what would this blog be without a lisa moment. Last Thursday, I needed to get a hold of a coworker. Our internal email program has a chat function and I was having fun learning the ropes of how people in my office communicate. I found who I wanted to chat with, clicked on what I thought was the correct button and to my horror, saw that the button I pushed, invited MY ENTIRE office to a chat meeting. I quickly logged off the chat, but throughout the rest of the day, I got pop ups asking if someone could help me, they saw I had tried to contact them, or at the end of the day by the elevator, I got the snide remarks, so, wanna chat? I guess all the new people do this and one day, I will get my chance to laugh when the next employee takes their turn. What's a little more embarrassing, my boss, the head guy, joined the chat. He was just curious to see what I wanted to talk to everyone about.

Here's chatting with ya!

7 comments:

Jay-Dub said...

Hahahahahah! Oh Lisa! That is another CLM for the books, er, blog! Thanks for the laugh!

Shelley said...

That's funny. I would have been laughing too! At least its nice to know you weren't the first and won't be the last to make that mistake.

Allison said...

Oh Lisa that is soooo funny. The sad thing is that I can totally picture myself doing that! I am happy to hear that you are liking you job so much. I am jealous you work downtown, that was always my goal.

Unknown said...

You always have a fun story for me to read - I lOVE it! And dont worry, we have all done funny things like this. My dad actually FIRED me from his company! Thats a TRUE story!

whit said...

haha! new jobs are always interesting! Well that for sure "welcomed" you in fast :)


we got a new blog... bradandwhitney.blogspot.com

Bournes said...

That is hilarious!!! I just love making a good first impression :) I have been behind in my blog reading so I didn't know you got a new job...so my congratulations is a little late! That sounds like a fantastic and very different career path to take. I guess you had enough with library students :)

Jay-Dub said...

Lisa, you can't have an entry with the title "Finally an update..." when you haven't really updated it in a month.