Thursday, June 25, 2009

CLM....another goodie


I had a good CLM yesterday at work. I have a kind boss who likes to buy us assistants up here in the executive office flowers. Last week he came back from the farmers market with 2 wonderful bouquets of lilies and gerber daisies. So nice. Yesterday at work, the flowers had met the end of their existence, time to go! So I took my vase with my flowers into the breakroom to chuck them. On my way through the door, something brushed my face, but I didn't think anything of it. I'm talking with a coworker about his lack of office participation. Instead of buying one of the water bottles with a court logo that I'm trying to force everyone to buy, he went off and bought a more expensive one! How rude. Then our conversation was done. Well, another coworker, who never holds back what he's thinking, walks in and proceeds to make funny faces at me and then asks..."What's all over your face?" I wiped my hand across my chin and saw orange and yellow powder/dye on my hand!! Those stupid flowers had exploded pollen all over my face. I ran to the mirror in the break room and saw, to my horror, yellow splotches and one big one going from my cheek bone down to my jaw and chin. Thank you, coworker #2 for telling me, and shame on coworker #1 for not! I would have walked out of that room to work with yellow powder all over me! He has 2 strikes against him and can't afford another one. I never want lillies again...

3 comments:

Designing Woman said...

ha ha ha!!! This was a GOOD story! Loved it! Yeah, even if its embarrassing you definitely WANT people to tell you that you have yellow/orange stuff all over your face. Thanks for sharing!

Bry said...

Hilarious! Poor Lisa! I wou;ld tell you if you had lilly dust on you! :)

Allison said...

Oh Lisa! You are too funny. But I agree, I love lilies from a distance, but once had on a brand new white sweater and had the pleasure of having lilie pollen getting all over the front of it and never coming out. I feel your pain.