Monday, January 14, 2008

Katie Holmes wannabe!

A little note on my day today...I walked into work to the lovely sound of crickets chirping. You think, oh, it must be nice to be in San Diego, beautiful day(today it was 70 degrees) crickets chirping. Ahhhh..the crickets were in my office! Somehow, a cricket got into the library ventilation system, and sat right above my desk, in the vent. So, for the whole morning, that's all I've heard. And of course, today had to be the one day I forget my ipod, so no music to block it out! My boss knows about it, but how do you get rid of it. Aren't cricket's night creatures, why is he chirping all day! In any case, you can get him to be quiet when you open the office doors, the draft going through the vents when the doors open apparently scare him enough to get him to stop! So every time someone walks through the door, I sing "hallelujah!" (yes it really is 70 degrees here, today was the perfect beach day, bummer I'm inside, but it has been fabulous to go outside running. This weekend was fantastic and my preparation for a 1/2 marathon was helped, 4 miles at one time down!)

So, I have done a drastic thing. I SOOO needed a haircut. It was getting a little long. I found a picture of a haircut I wanted, but I was almost too chicken to do it. Yup, it's way shorter than I've ever gone before in my life. I have come to realize, that I put a lot of importance on my hair. Why, I guess I'm just vain, but I didn't want to ruin a good thing. If it's not broke don't fix it. But I needed a change, so away I went to the hair salon, with a roommate in tow for moral support. When the stylist pointed to where he thought I wanted it cut, I almost said no and ran. But the roommate fulfilled her purpose in being there, and said yes. After the traumatizing, near crying, experience, I'm pretty satisfied. I have to say, the savings on prep time alone in the morning was worth it. But when I got home, I realized, I think i copied Katie Holmes, who was apparently copying Posh Spice, which wasn't my intent in the first place. But oh well, I'm happy with the results. One little freaky side note, when he pulled out the shaver to go at my neck, I thought, there is a hairline there for a reason, we don't need to make it any higher. It's a weird feeling to be a girl and have an electric blade taken to your neck. Wasn't my favorite.

6 comments:

Megan C. said...

You look great! I love the new 'do!

Jamie said...

Lisa! It's adorable. Thank your roommate for making you stick with it! :-)

Allison said...

WOW! I love the new hair! You may think you copied Katie, but lets be honest, you wear the look much better than her!

Lambini said...

I adore ur new bob!

Vanessa said...

that is so cute! good decision, definitely.

Jason Johnson said...

Lisa, I love the new hair cut it looks great. Hope all is still going well in San Diego. Love Leslie