Wednesday, January 16, 2008

political landscape


I have been trying to follow the debates and primaries a little more closely than I have in the past. I still don't think I have made a clear choice about who to vote for, but luckily I still have 10 months to figure that out. But I do have to say, and knowing I may offend some, but it's my blog, so deal with it, I am glad Mitt Romney finally won a primary, a MAJOR one (Wyoming counted but not in the same light as the other states.) So we can still move forward, with the opportunity to hear multiple stands on issues and hopefully make a more informed decision. I've never enjoyed it when one person overrules all the candidates. I am of the opinion, that on the whole, the American people are for what is easy. It's easier to just vote for the candidate that gets the most press, or the one who wins the first two primaries, does that mean we need to keep voting for them? No! The idea is to have as much information as possible, to them make an intelligent and informed decision about who will be the best president. I don't care if the candidate is a woman, or black, or Mormon, or Baptist, if you have the best policies and ideas, fine I'll vote for you. But I'm not going to vote for the one guy that everyone (mainly the media) puts up and says, well he must be best, cause he's the frontrunner, or it would be great to have a woman or black or Mormon president finally. That's just candidates and media heads banking on the belief that the American people can't think for themselves, and we allow them to treat us that way by not taking a stand on what we believe.

So I am going to try to find out all I can about the candidates that I can vote for in the upcoming California primary and vote for the best one in MY opinion. It's based on my own intelligent research. It's been interesting to me to find out what I really value in this presidential race. Is it the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, Health Care(I know I'm anti universal), the economy, immigration? I'm trying to find out how I really feel about the issues and then I will cast and informed vote.

So Congratulations Mitt! Way to keep it close and make sure the issues get to the surface!

0 comments: