Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Don't Go So Fast!"

I've been home in Concord now for a week and a half for Christmas break and New Years. Happy New Years everyone, yeah for 2008! So I should probably catch you up on what I've done. I got home on Saturday the 22nd, in time to watch BYU beat UCLA, barely, in the Las Vegas Bowl. Go Cougars! The next day, my family participated in the Christmas program in the Cambodian Branch that is a part of our stake. We sang and my sisters sang O Holy Night as well, which I had to play the piano for. The song was supposed to go a little faster than I had been practicing. So, put my fingers on speedy and away we went. Luckily, my mom was playing an organ part with me and that covered the mess ups. My parents ward also had their program, so we sang there also and had to play the aformentioned hard song. Maybe we can record it and put the copy online for all to hear!

Christmas came, we were all here, except for Brigitte and Tyler. Brigitte is due in January, so it would have been a little hard and uncomfortable for her to travel here. Check out mom and dad's blog for a video of Christmas morning, pretty fun stuff. It was a good day, Grandma came over and we opened our gifts. "Santa" was good this year. Of course the life of the party was the cutest niece ever! Shelley, Steve and Mariah came and aren't leaving till the 4th! Almost 2 weeks of baby time! Then I might be babied out! But Omi and Opa have really enjoyed their granddaughter.

So with all my time off, I have put it to good use. We have made headbands for Mariah, I knitted(with a very simple knitting device) a beanie, with another one to be done before I leave, went to the temple, visited friends, played my first game on Wii(Boogie is pretty fun), tried to start running and training for a 1/2 marathon in April(we still will see if I can get up to the mileage I need) and gone out to breakfast a couple times(breakfast is my favorite meal of the day). One fun little incident happened this morning. I went running along some trails when I came up to an older woman walking. As I ran past, she said, with a disgusted and menacing voice, "Don't Go So Fast!" I'm not sure why she was so mad. There was plenty of trail for everyone. I wasn't running her over, she apparently didn't have a good New Years. I continued on down the trail and came across an older gentleman walking towards me. I went to say Good Morning and before I could get it out, he waved his hand and said "Nope," like, don't talk to me, I"m not interested. I was just trying to be polite as I was running and got cut off before any sound could come out! What was the deal with people this morning. But then I came across a couple from my parents ward walking along the trail and they were really nice, so everything was better. Sheesh, some people may have stayed out a little too long this morning and woken up on the wrong side of the bed.

Well, this next year should be good. Only 7 more classes till the paralegal program is done and onto a a new career! It was a great year, with great moments and I'll try to be better about sharing them.

And to quote Brittany last night, at her New Years Eve birthday dinner (yes she and Brigitte were born on NY Eve) "Did it smell like Jalapeno nachos over Kirker Pass to anyone else?" I need to drive by there again!


The Coffman's said...

I didn't realize you were such a fast runner - gosh, slow down, Lisa!

Allison said...

I love the Blue Steel with the beanie! Fantastic! It was good to talk to you yesterday. Training day starts tomorrow! YAHOO!