Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm back and loved every minute of Hawaii....


View from our hotel's beach.


So this may have to be a brief introductory post. I have some pictures of our trip, but my friends have a bunch as well, especially of some of our earlier events in the week. So until I can download those onto my computer, my pictures will have to suffice.

Bryonny, Pam and I flew into Hawaii on Saturday, May 10th, and landed with some time left for the beach! First things first though. We landed in Honolulu and went to the baggage claim carousel, thinking of course, our baggage would be there, how could it not make it! Well, Lisa's bag took a little detour. Don't worry, it was all fixed. My bag apparently made it into a pile of luggage destined for another island. When I noticed my luggage was not coming up the ramp to the carousel, I had a moment of panic, but I, apparently, very calmly, filled out the necessary forms and hoped my bag would appear. Luckily, I had packed my "essentials" in my carry on. What girl could honestly go on a trip without her makeup ON her? About an hour later, I got a phone call from the airlines, my bag had been located, it had been ready to go to another tropical hawaiian island on it's own adventure, but they retrieved it and were going to drop it off at our hotel. And, it even made it there before me! So a little rocky start, but all fixed, so on to the fun!




We stayed in the Hilton Hawaiian Village resort, in Waikiki. Pam suggested this place and she delivered. It was right on the beach, had pools, great virgin margueritas, musicians at night and a great view of Diamond Head. Our first stop at the beach got us excited for the rest of the week. I have to say, napping on a Hawaiian beach is one fantastic experience.



Sunday consisted of us walking up and down Waikiki to check out or 'hood, stopping in at the historic Moana Surfrider hotel(built in like 1900 and so cool looking, I know the historian came out and probably annoyed my vacation mates), going to church in a fmaily ward, driving around the island a bit to see the sights.

The wind played a little havoc with our attempted beauty shots..

We got our bearings and were able to solidify our plans for the rest of the week. But even the best laid plans don't always go the way you want, so we learned to be a little more flexible as the week went on....

Up next...the trio make it to the PCC after morning yumminess!

0 comments: