Thursday, March 6, 2008

My life, in a nutshell!

I had a friend get married, we had a dessert party at our house where an uninvited visitor showed up and went to breakfast at a FABULOUS place down by the La Jolla Cove. Just a few pics from the adventures.



Here we are outside the temple on Rachel's wedding day, gorgeous day in February! Funny...never got a picture of the bride though!


We had a dessert party at my house, with many fun friends and good desserts. The one funny thing, 3 racoons decided to jump in on the party! We looked out onto our porch and there were 3 racoons, one was not afraid to walk right up to our sliding door and let me take a picture! Haven't seen them since, I abhor guests that never reciprocate, sheesh!


Here we are outside Brockton Villa, a little home converted into a restaurant right on the cove. I had been once before, but a few friends and I went again and loved it! This place is famous for "Coast Toast," a french toast that is almost a souffle, it has been soaked in liquid for hours and turns out so moist and delicious! Yum! We decided we deserved a reward that morning. Our stake did a 24 hours in the temple project, where the temple stayed open all night long to do sessions. My singles ward was assigned the 12:30am, 2:30am and 4:30am sessions. I made 12:30 and 2:30, then went home and crashed! Amazingly, I stayed awake the whole time. When they said that the singles are able to stay up all night, they were right, but that is only a miracle, singles need sleep too!!! In any case, coast toast was the reward!

It has been a beautiful week here in San Diego. I have sat out every day this week at lunch, and gotten a little bit of sun burnage on my nose! I am sorry for those who aren't able to share in this wonderful weather, and hope that it will soon get to you! I have a few upcoming adventures, I'm headed to Utah for Easter, my sister and brother in law are blessing their baby, so my whole family will be there! It will be great. Then the end of this month, I will be running my first ever race, a 5k, in Balboa Park. I'm not really going to beat people, just to keep running the whole time. I've been sick this past week with a pretty decent chest cold, which kind of hampered my running. At about the mile mark, I started wheezing last night, so we'll see how it goes, but I'm going to do it!

I also have my last class of the quarter tonight! Woohoo, and then finals next week. But by the end of this quarter, I will have finished 7 classes and only have 5 more until I'm a certified Paralegal. I will be done the end of July! 2 more quarters to go! I started looking at job openings yesterday just to get a feel for what was out there...can you say someone is excited!

0 comments: